Are you aware of the dangers tobacco have on your smile and your life? Tobacco is a serious threat to your health in more places than your lungs. In fact, oral cancer is a common condition that can often lead to fatal results if neglected. That is why avoiding this substance in any form is ideal to preserve your health as much as possible.
Our dentist, Dr. Craig Thompson, cares about you and your smile. Furthermore, our team at Ventana Family Dentistry in Peoria, Arizona, encourages you to avoid tobacco use and protect your health. Here is a list of information on tobacco and oral health dangers:
– Tobacco use is linked to stains and discolorations in your mouth. Frequent use can stain your tongue and your teeth.
– Issues associated with your ability to taste or smell can be hindered and diminished due to tobacco use.
– By chewing or smoking tobacco, you increase your risk for oral health ailments including issues associated with the rise of oral cancer.
– Smoking and chewing tobacco can lead to gum tissue infections, also known as periodontal disease.
– To help your body recover from any procedures including tooth extractions or other similar oral health therapies, avoid tobacco use, as it can delay recovery time.
As you can see, tobacco puts your oral health in danger. That is why protecting your smile from this substance is essential to your oral health. If you have questions about your smile, or if you need an oral cancer screening, please call us today at 623-566-1200 to make an appointment. We are always happy to take your call!