Did you know there are oral health care services designed to prevent tooth decay from arising on your teeth? Dental sealants are highly effective tooth restoration treatments that can be directly applied to your teeth and protect them from harmful acids and plaque buildup which can otherwise eat through your enamel and cause tooth decay. However, dental sealants are painted on the chewing surfaces of teeth to prevent them from decaying. For additional benefits of dental sealants, consider the following:
– Dental sealants have been shown to be extremely effective for preventing cavities and can decrease your risk of them by as much as 80%.
– Dental sealants are known for their endurance, as a single dental sealant can effectively function for over a decade before it may need to be repaired or replaced.
– Dental sealants are nearly invisible and clear to allow your natural teeth to be visible when the sealants are present.
– Dental sealants can be implemented on children as young as six years old, or whenever their first molars are visible.
– Despite the fact that tooth enamel is highly effective for protecting your teeth, it can be easily worn down by dental erosion and harmful acids that otherwise would not penetrate dental sealants.
– According to studies done by the CDC, also known as the Center for Disease Control, children without sealants are three times more likely to develop cavities on unprotected teeth.
To talk about your dental sealant options with Dr. Craig Thompson and the rest of our team at Ventana Family Dentistry, you can make an appointment at our dentist office in Peoria, Arizona. Our number is 623-566-1200.